|First Release|| Party For The Living
(Monstercat 004 - Identity)
|Latest Release||Before We Fade|
|Appears On||004, Smashing Newbs (EP), 005, 006, 007, 008, 010, Best of 2012, 012, 013, Best of 2013, 016, 017, 020, Best of 2014, 021, 022, 024, 025, Best of 2015, 026, Monstercat 5 Year Anniversary Album|
|Social Links||YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOfficialTristam|
Leandre Berube, music alias Tristam (born February 26, 1995) is a 21 year-old Canadian music producer who predominantly releases music through Monstercat. He originally comes from Alberta but apparently he has moved to Vancouver.
He first appeared on the "Monstercat 004 - Identity" album with the track 'Party For The Living'. This track now has over 800 thousand views on YouTube and is one of the most popular tracks on the album. However it wasn't until Tristam released his second track, 'Follow Me', that he became well known on the Monstercat label with now over 8 million views. 'Follow Me' became the most viewed track on the Monstercat YouTube page until it was beaten by Pegboard Nerds' 'Disconnected' with 21,888,193 views. But now it is Tristam and Braken with Flight scoring 39,963,080 views. However, 'Follow Me' was not the only release from Tristam on "Monstercat 005 - Evolution" as he released his first colllab with Rogue - 'Pushed Away' just 9 days later. However it appeared Tristam didn't seem satisfied enough on his amount of tracks on Monstercat 005 - Evolution as 16 days after his collaboration with Rogue he released 'Who We Are' . Representing an album with 3 tracks, Tristam still holds the record for the most amount of tracks released on the same Monstercat album, with Noisestorm. Tristam was also one of the first artists to get a track of his on the album Monstercat 006 - Embrace, this time with 'Undercat' using some help from Zealot in the song and he was also one of the artists to make the album complete when he released 'Talent Goes By' as the 18th song of the album out of 20 and is the first song by Tristam that features his famous vocals. Monstercat 007 - Solace is seen by many as the best Monstercat album and Tristam did not disappoint with his appearance on the album, as the 17th track of the album, Tristam released I Remember, which is still seen today as one of the best songs not only on the album, but the Monstercat label. At this time Tristam was by no doubt the biggest artist on the Monstercat label, and was still getting better.
Tristam then released 'Too Simple' in collaboration with Stephen Walking for Monstercat's album 008, however he did not release a track for 009. When the album Monstercat 010 - Conquest was being finalised, Tristam returned with something every Monstercat-fan holds close to their heart. Tristam's new track 'Truth' was what people had waited for. The "King of Monstercat" was back and better than ever featuring his vocals, again. However, even though 'Truth' was such a great comeback for Tristam however was far away from being his biggest track, with around 2.5 million YouTube views. Tristam did not appear on 011 either but in the meantime, he was developing Flight, a collaboration with Braken, which is now the most listened song from the entire label on Spotify and is the only track from the Aftermath album with over 2 million views. Currently Flight is at over 39 million views. He then released Razor Sharp, a collab Tristam made with Pegboard Nerds, which has reached over 18 million views on YouTube which is extremely high for Monstercat standards. This track was released on the Awakening album.
Tristam did not make a return for 014 nor 015, but did return for 016 with 2 new tracks, 'Till It's Over' and 'Once Again'. 'Till It's Over' currently stands with over 9.9 million views while 'Once Again' has received nearly 5.7 million views, with Once Again being a "Monstercat Album Exclusive". Both songs contain a very Tristam feel to them and feature the infamous Tristam vocals once again. Tristam then returned in 017, releasing another collaboration with Braken, 'Frame of Mind'. 'Frame of Mind' is a Drum and Bass song and this was the first song that features Braken's vocals, which you can hear in the second verse. The song has gained a substancial amount of views; the view count curently stands at over 16.8 million views. Tristam had another break from releasing music since 'Frame of Mind' was published in 29 April 2014. On 12 December 2014 the author comes back releasing 'My Friend' a drumstep song with deep lyrics (Typical of Tristam) which is included in Monstercat 020 - Altitude. "My Friend" currently stands at over 3.7 million views. Tristam did another collaboration with Braken called 'Far Away' features Tristam vocals , again with deep lyrics , and is the second most popular song on Monstercat 021 - Perspective, with over 3.1 million views. Karma Fields and Tristam later made Build The Cities (Empire Of Sound) (with Kerli) later on the 2nd of May. Tristam released "Crave" on 31 August 2015, an electro track with deep Tristam vocals.
Tristam then released "The Vine", a drumstep song, on 22 December 2015, and was featured in Monstercat 025 - Threshold. It currently stands at just over 1 million views.
He then came out with 'Devotion' an Electro song released on 22nd February 2016. Expected of Tristam at this point, it included his meaningful lyrics, in his infamous vocal. As of March 2016, it currently stands at around 836k views, but this total is expected to rise throughout the year. However, Tristam controversially announced that he will begin producing songs like 'Devotion' from now on, in the similar Electro style, meaning genres such as Dubstep, DnB or GlitchHop/110 BPM are unlikely to be touched upon in the near future.
This is a complete list of songs made by Tristam and uploaded on the Monstercat channel. It includes EP Releases.
- [Dubstep] Party for the Living [25th November 2011] [Monstercat 004- Identity]
- [Dubstep] Follow Me [2nd January 2012] [Monstercat 005- Evolution]
- [Dubstep] [EP Release] Pushed Away (with Rogue) [11th January 2012]
- [Dubstep] Who We Are [27th January 2012] [Monstercat 005- Evolution]
- [Drumstep] Undercat (with Zealot) [24th February 2012] [Monstercat 006- Embrace]
- [Dubstep] Talent Goes By [6th April 2012]
- [Dubstep] [EP Release] ReWel (with Rogue) [11th May 2012] [Monstercat 007- Solace]
- [Glitch Hop] I Remember [28th May 2012] [Monstercat 007- Solace]
- [Drumstep] Too Simple (with Stephen Walking) [16th July 2012] [Monstercat 008- Anniversary]
- [Electro] Truth [24th October 2012] [Monstercat 010- Conquest]
- [Drumstep] Flight (with Braken) [15th February 2013] [Monstercat 012- Aftermath]
- [Glitch Hop] Razor Sharp (with Pegboard Nerds) [1st May 2013] [Monstercat 013- Awakening]
- [Glitch Hop or 110 BPM] Till It's Over [30th December 2013] [Monstercat 016- Expedition]
- [Glitch Hop or 110 BPM] Once Again [24th February 2014] [Monstercat 016- Expedition]
- [Drum and Bass] Frame of Mind (with Braken) [25th April 2014] [Monstercat 017- A
- [Drumstep] My Friend [12th December 2014]
- [Electro] Far Away (with Braken) [6th March 2015]
- [Electro] Build The Cities (Empire Of Sound) (with Karma Fields & Kerli) [27th May 2015]
- [Electro] Crave [31th Aug 2015]
- [Drumstep] The Vine [22nd December 2015]
- [Electronic] Devotion [22nd February 2016]
- [Drumstep] Before We Fade [15th July 2016]